Wintergreen is an herb found predominantly in North America. The Native Americans discovered its use and utilized it for the treatment of muscle and joint pain. They even chewed Wintergreen leaves when they had to run long distances so that they could endure the long and arduous journeys, as it helped increase their respiratory capacities. The Wintergreen leaves contain methyl salicylate, which is a chemical which is similar to aspirin. Wintergreen oil is also referred to as Mother Nature’s aspirin. Wintergreen and birch are the only two plants that contain methyl salicylate with its cortisone-like impact.NET WT. 10 mL
- Alleviates body, muscle and joint pain
- Improves digestion
- Absorbs through the skin readily, and has an anesthetic effect on surrounding nerves
- Stimulates blood circulation around tissues and muscles to reduce soreness
- Provides relief from chest congestion and breathing problems
- Has antiseptic and disinfectant properties
Diffusion: Diffuse 3-5 drops or more in the PURELY™ diffuser of your choice.
Topical: Dilute 1-2 drops with a PURELY™ carrier oil before use according to the dilution table shown. Be sure to test for sensitivity.
Steam Inhalation: Add 2-3 drops to a cup of steaming water and inhale.
Ingestion: When using as a supplement, add 1 drop per 4 oz. of liquid. Use no more than three times per day.
Blends well with Lavender, Oregano, Thyme, Lemon, Frankincense, and Ylang Ylang